- other knitters' photos;
(eta: Mar 17) French forum
(eta Jan 9) some photos from this book can be seen on oceanknitter's blog, see July 08, 07
- Book 1 has the octagonal version of this pattern, square version might be in Bk 2?
(Edit Jan 9: there's also a smaller round version of this design, #3, pg 4)
- more info on the books in the posting here: lacismuseum.org, scroll half way down to NEW in the shop
- the chart in Book 1 is for an octagonal version, however I am going to try and make a square version by repeating the leaves pattern in the corners - don't know if this will work or not.
- I have another variation of this pattern, as well, Burda Special Strickspitze E418 23, which has 4 repeats of the motif, but a different filler stitch. Burda gives credit to Niebling in this issue, but does not name the pattern, just Viereckdecke, (square doily,)
(eta: the name for this pattern is Hannelore:) Flickr/ Ravelry ArsUna.
- US 000, 1.5 mm Addi Turbo circulars
- Dec 12 - swatching
- Dec 17 - Louet Euroflax Venice, frogged this/1st attempt, (from - The Beehive Yarn & Needlecraft in Calgary, Alberta.) The 1 ply Euroflax has thick and thin spots; splits occasionally; softer and more difficult for me to knit with than crisp, tightly twisted crochet cotton.
- Jan 05,'08; frogged the center of Federdolde
- Restarted Mar 08 using a thinner, plied linen thread, (both the 1 ply and 2 ply twist so I give the thread a 'twirl' every so often- maybe every 30 or 40 sts.) The 70/2 is spun so tightly I can't even see that it's plied - much easier to knit with than the 14/1.