Saturday, December 30, 2006

Cybersocks Done

- a fun Nov/Dec KAL, .
I cast on 72 sts on two-2.5mm circ's and they're too loose, (about a ladies size 7 1/2 and I'm a small 6.) I'm getting better at stranding though - the knitting doesn't pucker and the sock doesn't bind.
I played around with the pattern on the sole to conserve on the coloured yarn. It turned out that I had plenty so now I have lots left over - oh well, more stash for mini or multi-coloured socks.

Also finished, but no pic, is a cotton sweater I made for DMIL for Christmas.

This bag's complete now that the button's sewn on. I gave it to DSL and I think she really likes it, (hm...mmm will see if she uses it.)

Saturday, December 16, 2006

FFBag done

Yesterday's progress ...
I used the bag as felted and didn't bother to resize it, just eased in the fullness as best as possible when sewing in the lining.

Now it's fully lined with a zipper closure and one divider/pouch. I didn't use the buckram stiffener in the bottom nor the dowel inserts at the top edge. Instead, I used one piece of Flexi-Firm to line the front/bottom/back - sewn directly to the lining before attaching inside.
Also, the strap is made in one piece, (knit I-cord,) but both ends split and attach to the top edge along front and back.